What You Will Need
- A pack of minced pork/sausage meat (16 0z)
- 6 Eggs
- Toasted coarse breadcrumbs
- Hard boil 5 of the eggs.
- While they are boiling, beat the remaining egg in a bowl.
- Place a good layer of breadcrumbs in another bowl.
The Messy Bit
- Remove the shells from the 5 boiled eggs.
- Divide the pack of meat into five.
- Flatten a meat portion in the palm of your hand.
- Place an egg in the center and wrap the meat around it.
- Ensure egg is completely covered and meat layer is as even as possible.
- Take and gently roll in the beaten egg bowl.
- Take and gently roll in the breadcrumb bowl.
- Repeat steps 3-7 for each egg.
Baking The Eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 425.
- Place scotch eggs on a tray and place in middle of oven. I use a tray with a rack to help fat drain away.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes.
Best served with fries and Heinz Baked Beans!