I came across a website that can covert your GPS running data into Google Street View Hyperlapses. I exported a GPX file from my morning run and produced the video above.
The website currently doesn’t support downloading your finished hyperlapse, so I had to perform the following steps to achieve this.
- Uploaded my GPX to gpxhyperlapse.com and adjusted the settings until satisfied with the output speed and frames.
- Add the Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder extension to Chrome.
- Started screen recording and downloaded the finished video. It was in .webm format which I’d never heard of.
- Used an online video editor to crop the video to the frame size (removing rest of browser window, etc.).
- Converted to mp4, and uploaded to YouTube.
In other words, quite an effort really, but interesting all the same.
One Reply to “Tech: Convert Your Strava or GPX routes to Google Street View Hyperlapses”
Many thanks for sharing your method. It worked fine and it will allow me and many people I guess, to fulfill that childhood dream of travelling all over the world.