This is part 2 of a series of blog posts following my experience of recording with Logic Pro and learning as I go.
Here is an update on Strength, prior to John Wahba’s comments on Part 1 of this series. I’d like to try what Wahba has suggested, particularly on the vocals, as I’m not super keen on the reverb sound I’m getting. The aim of this post is to record my current settings and provide a bounced mp3 to compare against before making the next set of changes.
In the last post I mentioned recording a scratch track and then re-recording vocals and guitar. I did try it. The problem is, my condensor is a USB condensor and I could not seem to achieve the same latency compared to using the Focusrite Scarlett interface. This meant that it not playback dead on the click, or against the percussion tracks I had added. After listening again to what I had previously recorded, I decided to move on with those original takes.
I have a compressor on all three of the tracks (guitar 1, guitar 2 and vocal).
I have EQ on all three tracks.
I have Reverb (Space Designer) on all three tracks. I find it hard to get the effect I like here. The vocals have too much reverb in the version of the mp3 attached to this post.
I’m not quite sure of the order I should use these plug-ins. For now, I have a limiter applied for each of three tracks as the last plug-in in the chain.
Here’s all versions of Strength to date.