Our team just completed the second session “Encountering God” on Monday past.
Here are some of my thoughts so far on the course:
- I love our team getting together outside of rehearsals and Sunday mornings and just getting to know each other better.
- It is great to worship together in song. Most other times we are focused on the arrangement, or a vocal part, or whatever. Not at these sessions. We just play the song and worship God together.
- I am loving the discussions that are birthed out of the course material. It’s really making us think deeply about what we do and why we do it.
- I love (ok, maybe not ‘love’) being challenged to personalize areas of the talk by sharing a story that will help re-enforce a point. This stretches me, but also gives my team a glimpse into my heart and vision.
- Praying together is awesome – not just a prayer at the end, but opening the room up and having our team pray together.
Here are some things I think would make the course even better:
- Each session of the Worship Central course is overflowing with information, but I think the main talk is a little long. For future sessions I will be trying to relay the same information in a shorter time.
- Indications in the notes when to change the slide would be useful (although in fairness, I could probably do it myself if I spent more time prepping!)
- I know DVDs for this course are planned. I think this would be perfect and look forward to seeing (and using) those.